With a few ingredients and three easy steps, you will have a fun and healthy snack that you and the kids will enjoy. Great for on-the-go, these are everything you love about store-bought fruit leathers but with an immune boost! Bonus: They make really nice easter egg fillers!
4 Cups Fruit of choice (for frozen fruit see notes)
(We love wild blueberries, mango or strawberries)
1 Teaspoon lemon/lime Juice
Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
Immune boosting Supplements:
Vimergy Micro C
- Start by preheating the oven to 200F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternatively, if you have a dehydrator prep your shelves with parchment paper or silicone liners. Wash and chop the fruit, if using strawberries, remove the leafy green tops. SEE NOTE FOR FROZEN FRUIT
- Place the fruit with lemon juice and honey (if desired) in a blender. Add 4 dropperfuls of Vimergy Zinc and 4 Capsules of Vimergy Micro-C and puree until smooth.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the fruit mixture onto the paper until smooth, and bake it in the oven until the leather peels away from the parchment. Allow cooling for a few hours before cutting into long strips. Alternatively if using a dehydrator set to 116 degrees and dehydrate for 12 hours.
- Don’t have fresh fruit? No problem! You can definitely use any of your favorite frozen fruit. Allow the fruit to defrost in the fridge or on your countertop and proceed with the recipe.
- If using fruit with tiny seeds you can strain after blending.