Super simple and very nutritious, this Asian-inspired soup is the perfect goal for a foodie on the weekend. All of the Magic is in the broth. It has a depth of umami flavor from the mushrooms, brightened by the healing blend of herbs like ginger and garlic. Focus on the broth and everything else is easy peasy!
1 Tbsp avocado oil
5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 2-inch piece ginger (peeled and finely diced)
1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
6 cups mushroom vegetable stock (Homemade or store-bought)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 pkg dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional for a bit of spice)
1 tsp of poultry seasoning
1Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
1 tsp of Celtic sea salt
8 ounces gluten-free noodles (GF ramen noodles, mung bean threads, GF angel hair chickpea pasta)
- In a large pot, heat oil then add garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté until the onion begins to get brown edges.
- Add the mushroom vegetable broth, coconut aminos, and dehydrated mushrooms then stir.
- Simmer, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour, but you can simmer for 2-3 hours to deepen the flavor.
- Taste broth and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more coconut aminos or sesame oil if you want.
- 30 minutes from serving, prepare any desired toppings.
- Strain broth for serving.
NOODLES: Fill a large saucepan or pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and cook according to package instructions Drain and set aside.
To serve, divide the noodles between four serving bowls. Top with strained broth and toppings.