Sometimes you just need a crunchy cracker and whenever that urge hits this is the recipe you’ll need. Although its fast and simple, you can swap the add-ins for variety and a little pizzazz. Recommended swaps for the herbs include rosemary, herbs de Provence or red pepper flakes if you dare! In addition to herbs we sometimes like to add in an extra tablespoon of seeds such as sesame, poppy, sunflower or pumpkin seeds for extra flavor and crunch. Enjoy them on their own or as a vehicle for hummus or tuna salad… just remember to share.
1 C Almond flour
1 Tbsp Ground flax
3 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp herbs of choice (we used oregano for this batch)
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
Extra sprinkle of salt (for the top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl combine the almond flour, ground flax, water and salt.
- Combine until a dough forms.
- Place the ball of dough between two sheets of parchment paper, flatten then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until evenly 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and use a pizza wheel or knife to cut into small squares. Use a fork to prick the tops of the squares. Then sprinkle with the extra salt.
- Place the parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and into the preheated oven.
- Bake crackers for 15-20 minutes or until the crackers turn golden brown and crispy. The thin crackers on the outer edges will brown faster than the center pieces. It is best to remove those from the oven as the others continue. Place onto a cooling rack as the others continue baking. Once all are golden remove from oven and let cool completely on cooling rack.
Pro Tip: If you manage to have leftovers (good luck) store them in an airtight container to maintain crunch.